MakerBot Man Row Row Row Your Boat
MakerBot Man… ROW ROW ROW YOUR BOAT A PLA rowing boat, propelled by MakerBot Man and a little help from the sun (or some batteries). This “thing” has several parts:
- The boat hull with a platform for the machine housing
- The machine housing
- Two crank shafts
- Two oars and their supports
- Two gearwheels which could be printed, but I bought them.
- The seat for MakerBot Man
- A small geared DC motor http://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Model-N20-DC-6V-30RPM-Mini-Metal-Gear-Motor-with-Gearwheel-10mm-Shaft-Diameter/32252427324.html or equivalent.
- One or two small solar cells 5V 60mA (the motor needs about 30mA max). In series for high speed, parallel for easy going. http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6748434748.html?orderId=67936096962572 or equivalent.
- Some M3 stuff.
- And of course MakerBot Man himself. He is printed at a scale of 1.5. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:42882